Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Review of Ice House(Red Hook Brooklyn)

.
Hello Blmm family time to do some Bar reviews and this one is the one that made me want to write this blog in the first place. I like going out..alot and I find my self in weird locales and far away places in my search for the perfect hang. I have always been obsessed with Red Hook since I was a kid it was so far away(no public transportation) and no real reason for people there to leave or people to ever want to visit. Over the years the art set moved in and formed a really cool neighborhood with the existing housing projects and dock workers. Years later some light gentrification has happened but all in all its a weird place that stands alone in a city that stands alone. The bar I am reviewing today is called Ice House it is a dive but only in that the beer is cheep and the aesthetic is very laid back but if you were to call it a roadhouse,gastropub,beer hall) you would also be right. The first thing you notice is the extensive beer selection which spans the world from the classic PBR cheap shit to hard stouts and Sri Lankan Black lagers. The prices are never crazy you can really spend 30$ and be all set with anything drinks you want.
http://s3-media3. The food they serve is a delicious mix of BBQ treats all well below what you would spend anywhere else and its quality. I had the pulled pork sandwich 2 for 5$ or one for 3$ and it was Smokey and buttery and had a good chew to it. The only grip I can see people having that's not the "Its way to far away" is the fact that its on the divey dingy side which I know is not a thing everyone enjoys that vibe so I can see it being a negative for some. Also the crowd is a bit eccentric which is par for the course in Red hook. One thing I love is that its in a actual neighborhood meaning if you want to stumble ass first into a conversation with strangers this is the place. Would I recommend this place HELL YES it is rotation worthy but as a Bronx resident that's crazy for me. If I lived off the F or G I would do this place once a month at least Address: 318 Van Brunt St, New York, NY 11231 Phone:(718) 222-1865 Hours: Tuesday 12:00 pm – 4:00

No comments:

Post a Comment